Wednesday, July 16, 2008

LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!



Peggy at the Simple Woman recently held a swap and the theme was Summer.

This was my first ever and I am soooo happy. It was such a positive experience that I can't wait to do it again. I am sure since I was fortunate to have been paired with such a great partner had a lot to do with it. You have to remember we don't know each other . So you take a little info from this and a little info from that and try to put a picture/idea of that person's personality and pray you have made some good choices.


It was challenging and so much fun. To stay with the guidelines for the swap makes it even more challenging.I chose an item to put in and pulled one out and so on.... Finally, I settled on a package that I felt I had give it my best and it was sooo much fun! I hope DEBY over at Apples of Gold likes hers as much as I LOVE mine.









The theme was summer as I said and we had to have something that said "SUMMER".
What says summer more than a picnic...Look at this great towel with the ants running away with the hamburger appliqued on it...LOL.







She sent me the cutest napkins with watermelon slices depicted on them and since I guess she couldn't send me a watermelon by post she sent me...."watermelon candy"





I absolutely love vintage linens and aprons. Deby knew blue is my favorite color. Would you look at this gorgeous apron! The picture doesn't do it justice. The white material is a lawn type material (a dressy apron) with appliqued morning glory(?) on the front. But what really bowled me over is how well it matches my kitchen wall. This photo is not showing how close the apron color is to the smaller print on the wall I pinned it against the wall so you could see.






In the left hand corner you will see a vintage crosstitched, crocheted lace edged scarf/doily. This view cuts it off maybe you can see it better in next photo. Last but not least herbal transfer in the envelope. I not only have an herb garden but I also enjoy various needlework. These will certainly be put to use soon. To sum it up ....














THANK YOU DEBY I am well pleased with your choices.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Deborah,

What very sweet gifts!! I did the tote swap that they had on Down to Earth in the spring and it was so much fun! I so enjoy using the tote that I received. I hope you enjoy all these lovely things that Deby sent you!!

Have a wonderful day,

Sharon

HOPE said...

Loved seeing your nice surprise. Deby is a thoughtful person and she knows just how to bless you! as she has me.

Your BLUE would match my hutch I have in my sewing room!

The gifts you sent to Deby were really sweet too...sounds like it was fun!

Love Bears All Things said...

Some really great choices in your swap package. Beautiful colors, thanks for sharing.
Mama Bear

Unknown said...

What a generous gift, and it seems she hit you right on the mark! This was only my 2nd swap, but it has been great for me, too! The world of blogging lady swappers is truly thoughtful!