Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HOME CHALLENGE



This is one of my perennial beds.




I wish I had taken a photo of my gladiolas while they were in bloom. They were spectacular. I really had some vibrant colors this year.



I love the look fresh cut flowers in my home and we keep several cutting beds and flowering shrubs to be able to dress a table or cozy up a nook at a moments notice.







PURPLE SAGE

I also like the pleasure that having fresh flowers and growing my own herbs give me . I love to place gardenia or sweet olive by an open window so the breeze can carry it through our home. To spritz my linen with my home made Lavender water. Not only does it have a fresh scent but it aids your sleep. I also like to use my sage such as you see pictured and make vinegars, rinses etc. and place the bloom in side the bottle. It is nice having flowers and herbs around so it is pleasing to the senses. It all makes for a comfortable home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your gardens are beautiful! Flowers do make a home so cozy!

Thank you for sharing ~ I so enjoy see what others are doing around their homes!

Blessings,

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hello! I found you on Sharon's blog. Lovely pictures! You have a lovely blog.

Love, Tina :)

Paula said...

Dear Deborah,

Your garden is beautiful! I love flowers and herbs too!

Your kitchen hutch in the previous post is so pretty and what a wonderful harvest of vegetables!

We have had a lovely afternoon rain shower today and yesterday so the vegetable garden looks much better!

The Lord bless you!
Paula

Deborah said...

Thank you SHARON, I enjoyed your blog also and plan to return again and again.

TINA, Thank you for stopping by and I am heading over to your blog now. I love finding new sites and FRIENDS. It a great venue to share

PAULA, Thank you also. I am such a rank beginner. I've decided since I am not a writer I will just visit through my blog and try to share. I wish I could share some of these great veggies. We were truly blessed and the garden still contiues to produce.
Please come and see me again. Hugs, Deborah