Friday, June 6, 2008

HOME CHALLENGE


I just visited a fellow blogger and was inspired by a challenge she issued. Suzanne at Blueberry cottage is hosting the Make Your House a Home Challenge in June. Each Monday in June you will post a picture and a blog entry on your blog showing and explaining how you have added a homey touch to your home. I am going to be apart of this. I just hope that since I am a rank beginner at blogging I can figure out how to post a picture on here. I have failed miserably at this so far.
I have spent almost all week preserving our rewards from our garden. I can't believe I am saying this but we could use a little rain.
Because of gas prices it makes you think twice before running out for this and that, all the more reason for our little garden to flourish. It is supplying us nicely with fresh veggies and herbs. I
can not wait for the taste of my first vine ripened tomato. MMMM! the store bought ones are tasteless. Off to clean the pool. It is that time, it gives us a lot of enjoyment. I bought one right after Katrina. It will be very useful if we lose our electricity again. I pray that is never the case again. Deborah

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Deb,

I fixed your link:-) Thanks and welcome aboard!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Thank you so much, Deborah, for stopping by to visit. Your prayers for Colton mean ever so much.

He is doing so much better and we are praising the Lord for that. I've posted an updated photo of him this evening if you get a chance to stop by.

I was excited to read about your garden. How wonderful! I have an experimental plot this year but I'm afraid it is not doing as well as I had hoped. But I'm already preparing a more appropriate garden spot with hopes of a bounty next spring! In the meantime, I'll enjoy sharing in your joys!

Blessings,
Lea

Paula said...

Dear Deborah,
I am so delighted you visited me! Thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging comments! It is a blessing to meet another homemaker that loves the Lord, her family and home! I am also tickled pink that you live in Louisiana too!

Yes, we do live on a lake and it is extremely hot and humid! It has been in the 90's with no rain. I did take that picture of my lettuce and all of my garden that day, June 4th. I planted the lettuce (and all of our veggies) from seed, and they have done really well. I purchased heirloom seeds that can take this southern heat. I will let you know if it bolts before we eat it all. Also, I would be happy to let you know the name of the seeds I purchased. I will not plant anymore lettuce though until early fall.

It sounds like you have a wonderful garden! I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about it. I am so glad we live in the same climate, as I know I will be able to learn a lot from you. I think it is wonderful you inherited your love of gardening from your dear mother. I know you must miss her so very, very much!

The apron you are making sounds beautiful... as does everything you are doing! The name of your blog is so sweet.

I am enjoying your lovely blog so very much! You have a lovely gift for writing. I feel such peace and encouragement reading your entries. I know you will be able to post some pictures soon. Once you do it a few times it will come easier!!!

The Lord bless you!
Paula

Julie said...

I love fresh garden veggies--especially tomatoes!! thanks for stopping by my blog--come again. Julie