Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I remember Mama...Happy Mothers Day to All

I trust everyone had a good Mothers Day. I truly enjoyed my children, grandchildren and husband, they are such a blessing to me! It was a bittersweet one for myself and my siblings. Our Mother passed away a little over 4 months ago and she is truly missed. My love of gardening especially flowers "stem" from her.
We had our church and then we had a crawfish boil with all the side dishes followed by sweet tea. It was such a beautiful day weather wise. I know there are so many having some vicious weather and my heart and prayers go out to them. So many tornadoes this year!
I am finishing up an apron I am making from a vintage pillowcase complete with hand embroidered edging.
I don't know if I will bring myself to wear it or just display it. I wouldn't want to ruin it.
My garden vegetables and herbs are really looking promising. we will pick our first "mess" of snap beans in about a week. I have small summer squash, cucumbers and tomatoes on the vine. MMMMM I can almost taste them.
My little garlic experiment turned out well with little fuss. So I think I will try for a fall crop this year.
The frost caught my plums this year so there will not be a lot there. Foolish trees.
I have a few peaches though and have high hopes for my lemons. This beautiful weather is calling so.. Bye for now

No comments: