Tuesday, January 6, 2009

WELCOME 2009

Alessa and Uncle Jason
It has been a long time since I have been able to put my thoughts into words. Time sure flies when...LIFE happens. I heard somewhere that most people live from event to event in their lives. They say "well let me get this over with" or pass this or "when I have done thus and so, then I will."... Sadly we let our lives pass us by for LIFE is what happens between these events. I am going to try to actively participate in my life this year instead of being a spectator. As the old cliche goes I am going to stop and smell the roses.

On December 5, 2008 we almost lost our precious (barely turned 1 year old) granddaughter.

Our precious Alessa Shae to new onset diabetes. Our merciful Lord met our need even before we knew we had one and I want to publicly give Him the praise and the gratitude for it!


Through a series of unplanned, seemingly unrelated happenings. We were at the right place and the right time with the right help when she her blood sugar rose to the 800 mark. We had no symptoms or prior warning to this. To make a long but truly remarkable story short. Alessa Shae would have been put to bed that evening and would have went into a diabetic coma. We have NO DOUBT God's unseen hand moved within our life, giving us our baby's life again. Our Saviour truly lives and we are a grateful family.

In the future when I get irritated with people and things that are not going the way I want or planned, I pray I will remember this time and KNOW every thing happens for a reason and God's timing is always right.


I am wishing all that read this a happy and a peace filled new year.




No comments: