Wednesday, January 7, 2009

HOW SWEET IT IS

What is this white stuff? Can it be snow? This is something that is rare in the deep south. According to our weather man there has only been 7 snowfalls for us in the last 60 years and according to my man it is the heaviest here he can remember. We received about 7 inches.
This was a part of my yard not quite a month ago.



It is hard to believe but seeing (not to mention tasting) is believing! This is a tomato bush up against my house that comes up voluntarily every year. My sweetie happily works around it and places a tomato cage around it and if we are careful to cover it on chilly nights it will produce till late in the season. It survived our snow storm with a thin covering over it. Amazing! It is still blooming. I took this shot today and our temp is 61. Yum...fresh salad greens and tomato salad tonight, Topped with a few shrimp of course.


1 comment:

B. said...

I loved to see the snow- while I was warm inside. Not so fun to drive in.

My aunt use to say- a plant just volunteered to come on up! Like your tomato plant!